This soup is INCREDIBLE! One of the best things I have made thus far. It is super filling so it could honestly be a main course if you are looking to try something different.
- 10-15 Small Red Potatoes
- 3 Leeks
- 1 Fennel
- Chicken Broth
- 7-10 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 lb of Bacon (I used pepper crusted)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spices: Pink Himalayan Sea Salt, Fresh Cracked Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes
- Chives For Garnish (Optional)
- Prep: Peel and wash potatoes; dice. Chop the garlic, leeks and fennel relatively small. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
- Once the olive oil is hot, add the garlic, leeks and fennel until they are soft and fragrant. Add potatoes, chicken broth and spices and let cook (with a lid on) until all the ingredients are soft.
- Once soft, let cool a bit. While cooling, cook the bacon, cut into small pieces and then set aside.
- Add the ingredients that are cooling in the pot, into a blender/food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Bowl soup and garnish with bacon and chives. Enjoy!